Interesting Things To Know

Wednesday 20 January 2016

New Year... New Vision... New Words

New Year....

How many New Year's blog posts have been written over the last 4 weeks? A multitude, no doubt, both before and after the 1st.

So, no talk here of resolutions and goals and life changes. There is a plethora of blog postings counting out ways for all of us to re-capture our passion, our lives, our dreams. 

What this is, for me, is a stark reminder of how quickly time is flying by. It hardly seems possible to me that my last posting was in 2013! How has that happened? Apparently my creative bent has been leaning more to the hands-on, and less on the written word over the past couple of years. 

I left a writing project open-ended back then. Romans 12. Time to pick it up where I left off. So, that will be coming. Verse by verse, day by day. 

New Vision.....

During the last half of 2015, a renewed passion was ignited. These are important days, .....for all of us really. Time to step up, own who we are, and walk out whatever vision we carry. 

One of the best parts of the last six months is the falling in love with Paul, and Peter, and Timothy, and John, and Jude, and Luke, and ....well a multitude of others. As a self-confessed 'Old Testament Girl', it is safe to say that I've now fallen in love with those New Testament believers. I'm not gonna lie, when I need to visit old friends, David, Ruth, Ezra and lots of others are always waiting in the wings to continue to inspire. These days though, the lives of those who took a world by storm, faithful through the tough times, - these are the inspiring folks for me in those 'middle of the night' readings. 

It will be interesting to see where this leads us all. 

New Words......

The other gift of the last half of last year came in the form of a new book. A book that I never thought I'd write, in fact, never actually wanted to write. 

God, however, has made the first book that has my name on it as author, is one that points everyone who reads it in His direction. He allowed me to take a cherished story, a family story - my sister's story, and blanket it in His grace. I am more than grateful. More about this will be coming over the next few days, but these are exciting times. 

My hope is that as you peruse the words written on these pages, both from the past and the present, that you would feel something stir inside. Something that moves you. Something that carries you. Something from Him, that in this new year, gives you new vision, wrapped up in new words. 

Blessings on you all,
Pam

No comments: