Interesting Things To Know

Tuesday 12 June 2012

Psalm 139 Project Vs. 2


Verse 2
Thou dost know when I sit down and when I rise up;
Thou dost understand my thought from afar

Complete Jewish Bible – You know when I sit and when I stand up, You discern my inclinations from afar





Sitting and standing
Action and inaction
So this must mean
You know when I took a stand
Even when I didn’t have to
When I did good
This must mean
You know when I sat down instead of
Taking a stand
When I didn’t do so good
When I stopped to rest
When I stood up, kept going, when
I should have stopped and rested
This must mean
            The hours I have wasted
            And the hours I made count
            The hours spent laughing and eating
            The hours spent playing
            The hours spent giving
            And the hours spent taking
It says You know them
When I sit down and when I rise up
What boggles me
What sends my head spinning
Is that You understand it
You understand the thoughts
Connected
To each action and inaction
From far away
You understand?
You understand the why’s?
You understand that?
How is that possible?
From far away, how can You
Know and understand
What I do not understand
Myself
Discern my inclinations
The motives?


Motives are messy
And yet
From far away
You say You understand it all.

No comments: