Interesting Things To Know

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Psalm 139 Project Vs. 3


Verse 3
Thou dost scrutinize my path and my lying down
And art intimately acquainted with all my ways.

Complete Jewish Bible – You scrutinize my daily activities. You are so familiar with all my ways.
Amplified Bible – You sift and search out my path and my lying down and You are acquainted with all my ways.
Easy-to-Read Bible – You know where I go and where I lie down. You know everything I do.


When I read this
If feels very much
Like
You get my itinerary for my day.
Like those assistants
Who are more aware of your routine
Than you are.

You cannot be my assistant
But that’s what I think of.
Feels a little like my daily
Itinerary
Passes by your desk
For your okay – your approval.
You know where I will be,
Even where I will lie down,
Even if I don’t have a place
To lie down.
You are intimately acquainted
With my ways?
So where my habits take me
Is not a surprise to you?
Where my inner compulsions
Lead me, is no shocker to you?
Intimately acquainted
With my intinerary.
It sounds so
Hands-on.
So
Personal.
Surely seven billion itineraries
Must be too much.

Why by interested
In mine?
Why care where I lie down?
Why scrutinize my path?



Today
7,017,555,681
Paths to sift and search.
What is mine
In that?
I am told you care about
The one.
The single path.
I am told you scrutinize
My daily activity
Because
You love.

You love
7,017,555,681
Paths
And
You love
The one.

Mine.

No comments: