Interesting Things To Know

Thursday 28 June 2012

Psalm 139 Project Vs. 18


Verse 18
If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand.
When I awake, I am still with Thee.

Amplified Bible – If I could count them, they would be more in number than the sand. When I awoke, [could I count to the end] I would still be with You.
Complete Jewish Bible – If I count them, there are more than grains of sand; if I finish the count, I am still with You.


You know that feeling you get
When you stand at the ocean
You’re looking out
And it seems to go on forever.

Same feeling when you
Stand atop the tallest building
And gaze at the horizon
Stretched before you
Going on perpetually.

It’s that same impact of
The million man march
Where a sea of bodies
Seems endless.

And again when the telescope
Is strong enough
To take your sight
To worlds and galaxies
That seems never-ending.

To attempt the measuring
Or the counting
Of these
Seems relentless.

To count the infinite
Number of the grains of sand
Is a ferocious task
Uncompromising
In its tenacity.



Same holds true
To try and determine
The absolute
Completion
Of His thoughts towards you.

Fixed upon you
Infinitely
Uncompromising
In
Their
Tenacity.

His thoughts towards you.

No comments: