Interesting Things To Know

Wednesday 27 June 2012

Psalm 139 Project Vs. 17


Verse 17
How precious also are Thy thoughts to me, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!

Complete Jewish Bible – God, how I prize Your thoughts! How many of them there are!
Contemporary English Version – Your thoughts are far beyond my understanding, much more than I could ever imagine.
The Message – Your thoughts – how rare, how beautiful! God, I’ll never comprehend them!


The thoughts of the Almighty
Priceless,
Unthinkable for me.

Like a work of art
That brings millions
To its doors,
To stand and admire
At a distance,
To study and examine
At arms’ length.
To get closer than that
Would be
Too much for us to take.

They are like the magnificence
Of the rarest work
By a master
No one can replicate.

Many will attempt
The mimic
But not succeed,
Precisely because
We did not create
The thoughts.

We cannot understand them.

The ultimate beauty
Of the plan
Conceived by
The ultimate
Master.

I stand just behind
The roped off section
Soaking in the
Absolute
Opulence
Of the very thoughts of
The Almighty.

So moved that
This masterpiece
I stand in awe of
Is
The sum of
The thoughts of the Almighty
Towards
Me.

No comments: